Pusan National University Library
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences (4/2008)
College of Arts & Sciences, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI Minors in Mathematics and Chemistry
- Master of Science in Library and Information Studies(8/2011)
School of Library & Information Studies, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL Specialized in Youth Services, Reference & Instruction
- Doctor of Philosophy in Information Studies (4/2016)
School of Information, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- I am interested in the depictions and uses of digital and critical literacies in recreational, popular media, such as online games, young adult literature, graphic novels, music, and film. I hope to explore ways to leverage these media to provide more immersive, connected, and engaging resources, services, and digital literacy instruction for both digital youth and adults.
- Internet Studies, Digital Cultures, and Online Communities
- Research Methods and Ethics
- Game Studies and Game-Based Learning
- Digital Literacy Instruction and Virtual Learning Environments
- Diverse Literature and Information Resources for Youth
- Digital Youth Resources and Services
- LIS/IT Professional Development
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN,Marcia A. Mardis,Laura I. Spears,Jisue Lee,Charles R. McClure,Elizabeth Liebman, “Employers’ perspectives on new information technology technicians’ employability in North Florida”, EDUCATION AND TRAINING /ISSN = 0040-0912, Vol.59, Issue.9, pp.929-945 (2017/09) (EMERALD GROUP PUBLISHING LTD) (SCOPUS )
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN,Aaron J. Elkins, “Power Up: Games and Gaming in Library and Information Science Curricula in the United States”, Journal of Education for Library and Information Science /ISSN = 0748-5786, Vol.61, Issue.2, pp.229-252 (2020/04) (Association for Library and Information Science Education) (SCOPUS )
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN, “An Ethnographic Study on the Digital Literacy Practices of Role-Players in a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game”, 한국도서관·정보학회지 /ISSN = 2466-2542, Vol.50, Issue.4, pp.429-467 (2019/12) (한국도서관.정보학회) ( 학진등재)
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN, “The Information Worlds of Online Role-Players”, 한국비블리아학회지 /ISSN = 1229-2435, Vol.31, Issue.2, pp.223-266 (2020/06) (한국비블리아학회) ( 학진등재)
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN,이지수, “Internet-Mediated Research in the Age of Social Distancing: Methodological Reflections and Recommendations from Two Online Research Projects”, 한국도서관·정보학회지 /ISSN = 2466-2542, Vol.51, Issue.2, pp.319-353 (2020/06) (한국도서관.정보학회) ( 학진등재)
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN,Latham, Don L., “The Comics of Alison Bechdel: From the Outside In”, 미국, University Press of Mississippi /ISBN = 9781496825780 , pp.250 (2019/12/31) (저서 ) [Book Chapter]
- Hollister, J. M. (2016). In- and out-of-character: The digital literacy practices and emergent information worlds of active role-players in a new massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Poster presented at the 2016 ALISE Jean Tague-Sutcliffe Doctoral Student Poster Competition, Boston, MA, January 5-8 2016.
- Burnett, G., Hollister, J. M., Lee, J., & Skinner, J. (2014). Information value across cultures and communities. Poster presented at the 2014 ASIS&T Annual Conference, Seattle, WA, October 31-November 5, 2014.
- Spears, L. I., Lee, J., Ambavarapu, C., Ma, J., Hollister, J., Mardis, M., Randeree, E., & McClure, C. (2014). Policy-driven workforce needs in Northwest Florida: IT job competencies. Poster presented at the 42nd Research Conference on Communication, Information, and Internet Policy (2014 TPRC), George Mason University, Arlington, VA, September 12-14, 2014.
- Ho, S. M., & Hollister, J. M. (2013). Guess who? An empirical study of gender deception and detection in computer-mediated communication. Poster presented at the 2013 ASIS&T Annual Conference, Montreal, Canada, November 1-5, 2013.
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN,Don Latham, “Information and Media Literacies in Dystopian Young Adult Literature”, 한국도서관정보학회 2017 하계 학술대회, 한국도서관정보학회 (2017/05/26) (대한민국) (발표자) [전국규모 학술회의]
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN,Jisue Lee, “Information Worlds in Two Online Contexts: Implications for Research and Practice”, 한국도서관정보학회 2017 동계 학술대회, 한국도서관정보학회 (2017/11/10) (대한민국) (발표자) [전국규모 학술회의]
- HOLLISTER JONATHAN,Aaron J. Elkins,Jisue Lee, “Power up: Exploring Gaming in LIS Curricula in South Korea”, Assocation for Library and Information Science Education 2018 Annual Conference, Association for Library and Information Science Education (2018/02/06) (미국) (발표자) [국제 학술회의]
- Elkins, A. J.,HOLLISTER JONATHAN, “Power Up: Exploring gaming in LIS curricula”, 2018 iConference, iSchools Organization (2018/03/25) (영국) (발표자) [국제 학술회의]